Monday, August 31, 2009

Poem- What is A Leader? By Pastor Mary Brinson

A leader is a defender of the Word of God,
A leader is a soul winner no matter what,
A leader hurts,been through dirt,
might even where a skirt or maybe a T-shirt,
some times may cry why God Why,
May even say God I know you will supply,
even lift me up high,
You might even say it's your will and not mine,
then all of a sudden you get in another frame of mind,
You might say I am in pain,
I think I am going insane,
there is no gain,
but in you God is where I will remain,
but how can I substain,
it seems as if I have nothing but pain,
I know in God I will regain,
without strain,
through the rivers and through the rain,
as God take all the pain,
I hold my head up and I say,
oh my Lord you have your way,
and Yes Lord I will obey,
I will stay and teach the souls that you give me each and every day,
For no more is it my way,Because now it is a new day.

2 comments:

  1. This is really awesome and needs to be heard by leaders. It is really difficult for the leaders that are remaining faithful in HIM inspite of what is going on.....encouragement is really needed....I know because I have been there and recently come out of a slump. Pastor Brinson, you should consider getting this copy righted before someone tries to take it over....love you much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, this is awesome and yes this needs to be heard by leaders!

    ReplyDelete